Camp for Children with oral feeding problem
Place: London (UK)
Date: February 10th,11th,12th, 2018
Moving on from tube to oral feeding workshop
3 day intensive course for families with children who are tube fed and ready for a transition to oral feeding.
This workshop is led by specialized speech-language pathologists experienced in effective use of variety of techniques which will transform how your family relates to mealtimes, eating and nutrition.
We believe in every child’s natural, inner ability to eat. With a personalised, child and family centred approach, we aim to bring this ability to surface during this three daylong relaxed and fun journeyof food transition.
Methods and therapies used:
Anna Regner PhD
- Neuromotoric Developmental Therapy (NDT)
- Orofacial Regulation Therapy (ORT) Castillo – Morales
- Sensory Integration
- Baby Massage by Peter Walker
- Craniosacral therapy (CST)
- Rhythmical movements
- Body in Balance Therapy -Emmet Technique
Anna Maria Pekacka MSc
- Bobath Concept in Pediatrics and Neutral Positioning (LiN)
- Manual Therapy of Dysphagia
- Dysphagia Management in Pediatrics (Frey)
- Mouth & Eating Therapy (Klein / Morris)
- Myofunctional Therapy (MFT)
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation in Speech and LanguageTherapy(PNF in logopedics)
- Orofacial regulation therapy (ORT)
This course includes:
- Emotional and social aspect of feeding
- Patient positioning – correct feeding positions
- Regulation of muscle tension in the body
- The role of sensory integration in the feeding process
- Techniques to support the correct breathing
- Organizing the correct reflex patterns (swallowing, sucking, biting, chewing)
- Correct body control with head in the middle line
- Jaw control – correct, symmetrical alignment of the lower and upper jaw, tongue control
- Feeding techniques (compensation, adaptation, restitution)
- Principles of feeding and extending diet
- Individualized meal plans and ways to increase your child’s calories intake
Speech pathologistfor infants, children and adults with special needs. Internationally certified therapist of oro-facial Castillo Morales Method, instructor of Pater Walker Baby Massage and Movement and acertified Craniosacral therapist.
Senior Supervisor and Lecturer at The Medical University in Wroclaw, Poland, Supervisor and Lecturer of Post-Graduate Studies “Early Intervention and Assistance in the Development of Young Children”, University of Lower Silesia, Wroclaw, Speech Therapist at Diagnostical and Rehabilitation Centre in Wrocław, International trainer and organizer of workshops for speech therapists, physiotherapists, pediatricians, psychologists and parents usingneurosensophysiologic methods (Poland,Vancouver, Kelowna, California, Minneapolis, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia, Norway).
Anna Maria Pękacka MSc
Head of Speech and Language Therapy Unit and a Senior Speech and Dysphagia therapist in ZürcherRehaCenter Wald.
She constantly upgrades and broadens her skills; thus she has completed various professional trainings, e.g. Workshop on instrumental assessments for oropharyngeal dysphagia: decision making for management and rehabilitation (Milano), Endoscopy- Hands on Workshop (Terrenzana), Trachealcannulamanagement, Basics and Application of principles of neuroplasticity in Neurorehabilitation, transcranial direct current stimulation (Singen), Optimal positioning, LIN® andBobath® concepts, (Zurich), Dysphagia therapy – infants and children with tracheal cannulas (Zurich).
She is a member of Schweizerische Gesellschaft fürDysphagie and European Society for Swallowing Disorders
Essential Skills Hub Ltd.
Specialist Public Health Nurse PGDip (Health Visitor), Registered Mental Health Nurse, MSc Psychology
Registered Dance Movement Psychotherapist, Personal Performance Coach, MSc in Biology